Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival Hits the UK
The Show that Shines with an Enchanting Mix of Disney Royalty
First Disney On Ice
show featuring much-loved sisters Anna and Elsa from the number one
animated film of all time Disney’s Frozen
Show also features everyone’s favourite characters from Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Tangled and Beauty and The Beast.
Tickets available from 7th November 2014
Get ready to enter a world of
enchantment as Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse bring the most magical
moments from across the Disney kingdom to the UK in Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival.
a new twist on fairytale fun, comical segments from everyone’s
favourite Disney characters set the scene for the show stopping on-ice
stories of princesses Ariel, Rapunzel and Belle.
Plus, enjoy a special appearance byAnna and Elsa from the Academy Award® winning and number one animated feature film of all time, Disney’s Frozen! Audiences will journey up the North Mountains with the hilarious snowman Olaf, rugged mountain-man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven as they help the sisters along the way in a story full of action, adventure, magic and unforgettable characters.
“In (our) more than 30 years of producing Disney On Ice shows, Feld Entertainment has been waiting for a film like Frozen,”
says producer Nicole Feld. “The most exciting part of bringing
characters like Anna and Elsa to the ice for the first time is knowing
that they have a powerful and inspiring message that resonates with
audiences as the sisters discover the true meaning of love.”
Produced by Feld Entertainment, Magical Ice Festival
is an enchanting mix of royalty, highlighting the stories of Disney’s
most beloved heroines with energetic choreography that will have
audiences singing, dancing and cheering their favourite Disney
characters as they each embark on their own epic journeys. Mickey Mouse
and Minnie Mouse guide fans through an enchanting wonderland where they
encounter Sebastian and the Daughters of Triton from Disney’s The Little Mermaid, the rowdy pub thugs from Disney’s Tangled and the loyal enchanted servants from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
“By pulling together moments from classic Disney stories to the newest feature film sensation Frozen
and combining them with elements of comedy and music, we developed a
truly unique way to re-tell each fairytale,” says Producer Juliette
Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival is appearing at the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff 29 April – 3rd May 2015. Tickets available from 7th November 2014 at the Box Office 029 20 22 44 88.
contact Amelia Higson or Caroline Lott at instinct pr for more
information, images, video footage and interviews with the cast and crew
– Amelia.Higson@instinct-pr.com, Caroline.Lott@instinct-pr.com, 020 778364876
producers Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld have composed their own lineup
of creative talent to produce this star-studded skating extravaganza:
· Patty Vincent (Director) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney
On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After, Dare to Dream and Treasure Trove;
began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 31 years ago and has
advanced in the company to become the Character Development Director for all touring Disney On Ice
productions. In this role, she creates movement that best suits the
performers, as well as the animation of the character they portray in
each production. Additional credits include co-director of Playhouse Disney Live! and co-director of High School Musical Summer Celebration (stage show).
· Jeremy Desmon (Writer) – Credits include The Girl in the Frame, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks,Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Barnum BashSMand Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival. He received the2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Bookwriting and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship
· Cindy Stuart (Choreographer)
– Four-time Professional Skaters Association “Choreographer of the Year
award” nominee and the 2014 Sonja Henie award nominee; collaborated
with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects;
choreographed for US Champion Gracie Gold, US Bronze Medalist Mirai
Nagasu, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao and Olympic
Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier; choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Frozen.
· Walt Spangler (Scenic Designer) – Created sets for theatre, opera, dance and ice; his credits include the Broadway revival of Desire Under The Elms, The US National Tour of A Christmas Story: The Musical, Maury Yeston’s Tom Sawyer Ballet, Kenneth Lonergan’s Medieval Play, the upcoming world premiere of Tuck Everlasting The Musical and the upcoming Beijing premiere of White Snake
· Cynthia Nordstrom (Costume Designer) – Designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney; designed costumes for Marvel Universe LIVE!, Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy and Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!
· Sam Doty (Lighting Designer) – Credits include Disney On Ice presents Frozen, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®Presents Barnum Bash?and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®Presents Super Circus Heroes?; has
assisted in the planning and building of every Feld Entertainment show
since 2006. Doty’s vast experience with lighting dance shows and his
understanding of rhythm and melody play an integral role in his
unparalleled ability to translate music and movement into light.
About Feld Entertainment
Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live
touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and
create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its
shows each year. Feld Entertainment’s productions have appeared in more
than 70 countries and on six continents to date and include Ringling
Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross,
Nuclear Cowboyz®, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live! and
Marvel Universe LIVE! More information on Feld Entertainment is
available online at www.feldentertainment.com.
About The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland:
The Walt Disney Company, together
with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified
international family entertainment and media enterprise. Disney is a Dow
30 company and had annual revenues of $45 billion in its last fiscal
The Walt Disney Company has
operated in the UK & Ireland for 80 years, employing more than 2,600
people, and is dedicated to creating innovative, entertainment
experiences for children and families. The Disney brand is experienced
in a number of ways across the UK & Ireland including in cinemas, on
stage with “The Lion King”, on TV screens with Disney-branded channels
as well as non-branded content, through a wide range of consumer
products that are sold at mass market retailers and in Disney Stores. In
2008, Disney announced its partnership with Great Ormond Street
Hospital Children’s Charity focused on raising £10 million towards the
hospital’s redevelopment appeal.