|© Mercedes-Benz Fashion|
With the closing show by JOHNY DAR, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin ended its 15th season
today. More than 50 designers presented their Spring/Summer 2015 Collections from July 8-11, 2014
at Erika-Hess-Eisstadium in Berlin, Wedding.
“I would like to thank the city of Berlin for their support at a time when we needed to find an
alternative location”, said Jarrad Clark, Vice President and Global Creative Director, IMG Fashion
Events & Properties. “Over the past 4 days, we saw incredibly creative collections and shows. The
German fashion landscape has so much talent and receives an enormous amount of editorial support.
It is the perfect time for the industry, especially retailers, to get behind their designers. This season,
28 designers showing at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin were from the city we call home and we
are so proud of them and all the brands that show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin.”
Facts and figures about Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin:
· Participating designers came from Austria, Bosnia, Croatia, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece,
Kazakhstan, Poland, Serbia, South Africa, Sweden and Switzerland
· Registered press and buyers visited from China, Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic,
Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Iceland, Italy, London, Poland, Russia, South
Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Swiss, the Netherlands, the UK, Ukraine and the USA
· 200 people worked during 10 days to set up the venue, and more than 500 people helped make
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin possible
· The catwalk was 32m in length, 4m in width and offered four different setups (Straight, Wide,
U-Shape and Wide U-Shape)
· 800 lights and 100 loudspeakers amplified the shows
· More than 30 hair stylists from L’Oréal Professionnel worked on every show under the
direction of Head of Hair André Märtens
· 7,750 make-up products, 282 bottles of hairspray, 21,5 kilo gel and pomade, 1,075 hairpins
and 350 hair clips were used during 4 days
· Celebrities who attended the shows and events included: Anna Maria Lara, Barbara Becker,
Bar Rafaeli, Bettina Zimmermann, Bonny Strange, Elisabetta Canalis, Eva Padberg, Franziska
Knuppe, Franziska von Almsick, Gianna Ina, Giovanni Zarrella, Hilary Swank, Jette Joop,
Johanna Klum, Joko Winterscheidt, Jorge Gonzalez, Julia Malik, governing mayor Klaus
Wowereit, Marcia Cross, Marialla Ahrens, Minu Barati, Mirja Dumont, Natascha
Ochsenknecht, Noah Becker, Sabine Lisicki, Sara Nuru, Shermine Sharivar, Sylvie Meis, Tilda
Swinton, Tommy Hilfiger, Verona Pooth, Wolke Hegenbarth and many more.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin was made possible by the generous support of our sponsors
Mercedes-Benz, Fashion ID, Maybelline New York, Tamaris and Hotel Waldorf Astoria Berlin and was
again endorsed by the Senate for Economics, Technology and Research, Berlin.
To gain access to press images, plFor ease go to mbfashionweek.com/berlin/press and register.
For more information on the event please visit us online at